MARCHING forward.


As we step in, we are faced with challenge and risk. But we create more space + ROOM to grow and to attract and become, and we are ready.
We are Marching Forward.
                                                                                                  Photo by Eli Lindauer

FORWARD : (adverb)
: onward so as to make progress; toward a successful conclusion.

We want to keep priming ourselves, keeping our hearts open, our arms wide, ready to receive what's next for us. Stepping into our power, our potential, just as we are capable and READY. 


So what does this look like?
Workshops, getting ready for the Summer, potential new class offerings, maybe some new faces on our Team, our new entity : the Red Room and more. You’ll find all the info below.


Some of the logistics:

PRICING CHANGES : Part of us marching forward includes a slight increase in our pricing options. For our monthly unlimited if you join our tribe in the month of March you will receive the $100/month rate. AND you will be grandfathered in with this pricing while we raise our prices to $120/month on April 1st. If you are already currently a monthly unlimited member with us, you will also be grandfathered in. We appreciate everyone who is a part of this Community and we hope you will join forces with us as we step into new territory with this.

Child Care Check in : its VITAL that you check in your children that you drop off with us. Its vital in a legal sense but also in a business sense too. It’s also very important that you sign your kids up in advance to hold space. We don’t have a very large child care and we do have a maximum number of kids we can hold in the child care for legal reasons! Thank you for understanding.

Child Care for Summer : We think we have the solution for child care for the Summer, and when we iron it out we will let you know for sure. Just know its in the works!

Teacher Training Offerings : In the month of April you’ll notice a ton of “the Offerings” on the schedule. These are offerings from our Teachers in training where they will lead the community in a one hour free class. Each class style will be dependent on who teaches. Feel free to sign up and join us.

6a Class Time Slots : This was one of the most requested new time slots from our clients and unfortunately we have not been having the turn out we hoped for. If we are unable to jump start this in the month of March, we will be eliminating this time slot come April. 





GETTING TO KNOW YOU : Tribe Edition.
Meet some of souls that create your Tribe.



Meet : SUZY COLLINS |
 “When I walk into the doors at the Space, it’s like when you have your first date. I have butterflies, I’m excited, the environment, the people that work there, the community that shows up, everything you encounter when you walk in is a warm embrace. I know that no matter what my day handed me, I can leave it at the door and expect to feel better. The classes at the Space push me to where I’ve never been before, helping me become the person that I am supposed to be. I have grown up always being told who to be, and through my yoga journey and the Space, I’ve have learned what it looks like to step into who I was created to be.
I have dealt with anxiety over the years, and I have always been known to carry the weight of the things that the people I love endure. Which in turn feels like the weight of the world on my shoulders. Through the Space I have learned that its my choice and my POWER to let things go! Its my power to create space for the things that are meant for me! I am so blessed by the support of my husband who knows the days and the moments when yoga is just what I need! That release of finding myself, letting the things go, shaping and shifting!

Having practiced yoga for roughly 4-5 years, the longer I am here doing the work the more I realize that I don’t need the gym anymore, this is more mental release; a workout physically but also mentally and emotionally. The Tribe, the people that fill the Space-- Teachers and fellow members are real, they want to know me, they want to be genuine with me. This is where I needed to be my whole life, I wish it would have opened sooner!
Everything that I’ve been through has led me to this place. I feel so deeply connected with the hearts that are involved at the studio. Kelli and Liv have created something that no one can replicate, this is different, this is unique and I want to share it with everyone!

I’m okay with myself and what I feel, I know who I am and I no longer feel the need to prove myself to people. I’m able to use the things I learn on my mat in my everyday. I have to check in with how I’m living and treating my kids, taking the expectations away and allowing room for the things that are meant for me. This is what I have learned at the Space and this is my WHY!”



Meet : CARLY ANDERSON |
“To begin with, anyone that knows me would never guess I would eventually be calling a yoga studio my home away from home and favorite place to exercise. Growing up, I played or tried almost every sport possible and was able to continue my athletic career as a collegiate volleyball player. My athletic trainers, chiropractors, and doctor all suggested yoga at some point during my visits, due to my lower back pain. I am NOT flexible in the slightest and the thought of all that stretching to boring music, while also having to be in my head way more than I was comfortable with, made me not want to try. Also, if I was going to be taking a hour of my day to work out, I better be burning a lot of calories, yoga didn’t seem like the “calorie burning” type activity.

My favorite work out instructor of all-time told us she was moving to a new studio called The Space. Katie teaches a high-intensity strength and plyo type class to loud amazing music, exactly the kind of class I LOVE. It was tough to hear she was moving her class to a hot yoga studio...the only thing I dislike more than long distance running and yoga, is doing any type of exercise in extreme heat, all of that gross sweating...I knew right away I would follow her, but I was certain I would not be very happy with the overall experience.

The Space has been the absolute best thing for my body, my mental state, and my heart. You will almost always find me at the 9:30 class, up in the very front corner by the door (by far the coolest spot in the room), flowing to the kick ass (loud) music that is always played at this studio. The heat is still so HARD for me. I thought I may die of heat exhaustion the first few classes. I take breaks, I wipe sweat out of my eyes about 100 times a class, I’m still not very flexible and there are many poses I can’t seem to get. But, I always leave class feeling better than I did before I entered the door. The instructors are the warmest and kindest souls, they make everyone feel so loved and welcomed-as if they have just been waiting for you to walk through the door. To top it all off, you burn tons of calories! We do jumping jacks, and burpees, and intense ab work throughout the class, similar to the classes I have always loved. My heart rate is constantly rising and I’m getting stronger. We dance at times, we laugh, we have fun-my people are here:)

Finally, the beyond amazing owner Kelli, has made such an immediate impact on my life in more ways than one, but with mental toughness in particular. Somewhere along the way, I seem to have lost my ability to push myself beyond what is comfortable, both mentally and physically...along with the other instructors, she is helping me find my way again. I will forever be grateful for her. The Space will push you to be better, do better.
It is beyond just a gym...it’s just so much more.”


_____________________________________________

Nourish
The Spaces retail selections are  exclusively picked for the best methods of
creating the space within your life.
 Indulging in the right ways.




This month's pick: SPACE SIGNATURE SCENT

You asked for it, and you got it. 
Our signature scent bottled just for YOU. Body, mat or room, you choose. 

Show this post for 15% off any one item that you want from our boutique. 




_____________________________________________




In the know:
UPCOMING WORKSHOPS


We have so many good things for you to attend in the next month.
More info and sign up through Mindbody. Reservation required.


The Youth : Every Saturday in March 12:45p-2p |
 Our teachers in training are leading the Youth in our Community
 to a deeper level of self awareness. Details on our MindBody website.

The Community Class : Every Sunday in March 2:30-3:30p |
Also lead by our teachers in training, this is a free class offering that is an opportunity
 for them to gain experience and practice of teaching a class.
 Please sign up through our MindBody website.


Are you interested in the Space hosting your workshop or collaborating with us for an event?
Contact info@DiscoverTheSpace.com


_____________________________________________

 Our newest entity: 
the Red Room

We are so eager and happy to introduce you to the RED ROOM. The benefits, the FAQ’s, our system and rules and last but not least, the Pricing can all be found HERE.



_____________________________________________


Take a few moments to dive in deeper with:

the Asana
Learning about the poses we do and how to do them properly. 
POSE : Bakasana : Crow 


How to : Placing the knees high up on the arms as close to in the armpits as possible. Using your core to lift your upper body so weight doesn't collapse into your arms. Gaze is off the tip of the nose, slightly out in front of you. Leave space under your knuckles and push into the fingers evenly. Lift the feet up towards the hips. 

The Pose : Bakasana is a strong and grounding pose that aids in strengthening and toning the core muscles of the body. It also strengthens the upper back, groin muscles, upper arms, forearms, and wrists. It challenges and improves balance and concentration. This is a great base to challenge and strengthen muscles required to do a handstand. Notice the body stabilizing and balancing. 

 _____________________________________________


March Intentions:

Find a quiet space. Hand on heart. Maybe look into a mirror, into your eyes.

Maybe eyes closed, and take it line by line. Breathing it in. Believing in you. In your words.



Recite aloud :



"In this month, I vow to March Forward.

Creating space for the things that

are meant for me but I do not have yet.

The things that no longer fit inside of me,

I release and I let go of.

I only have space and time and

energy for the things that are meant

for me. I will shift and I will let go,

but most importantly, I will flow.


And I will keep going forward."


 _____________________________________________



We love you so so much. 
Thank you for doing this thing with us. 
We need you and we value you. 

Questions? Ask us! 
Warmly, 
the Team





Comments

Popular Posts